Chicken Life Cycle - Comprehensive Unit
Life cycles of living things are part of most curriculum standards.
Kids love live animals and this unit includes life cycle photographs of real chickens. The PowerPoint presentation introduces children to life cycle of the farmyard chicken. The photographs in this unit are from an award-winning photographer.
Unit Vocabulary Highlights
rooster, hen, embryowattle, shank, comb, down, yolk, egg tooth, beak, skeletonbrood, fertilize, warm-blooded
PowerPoint introduction to a chicken's life cycle (featuring real photos). We've also included additional information and cool facts about chickens. 22 pages.
Bulletin Board/Student Center - 10 full page color photos and information related to chickens.
• Complete the Life Cycle - Students cut out pictures and place them in the correct order for the chicken’s life cycle.
• Chicken Life Cycle Sentences - Students use the correct word to complete sentences.
• Becoming a Chicken Sentences - Students observe some photographs from a chicken’s life cycle and describe what is happening in the photos.
• Chicken True or False - Students indicate whether statements are true or false.
• Chicken Facts - The teacher provides the pupils with student center information for this activity (included). Students complete a worksheet about what they learned.
• Chicken Labels - Students practice labeling animal parts of a chicken.
• Chicken Story - Students write a story about the chicken’s life cycle using some key words.
• Chick Activity - Students observe a chick and answer questions.
• Chicken Activity and Graphing - Students do an activity about chickens, answer questions and make a bar graph of their results.
Standards for Science and Math including
• Life cycles and adaptations of living things to their environment.
• Scientific investigations and collecting data.
• Collecting data using bar graphs.
• Help students develop informational science literacy skills.
• Presents key science content and vocabulary found on most state tests.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources