Also included in
- This life cycle bundle has great activities and reading passages on life cycle. The resources include nonfiction passages, close reading activities with response pages that have text dependent questions and interactive notebook flaps aligned with CCSS for 3rd and 4th grade Reading Informational Text$30.56$38.20Save $7.64
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$116.12$145.15Save $29.03
- NGSS Third Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 3rd grade for the entire year. Students will love these engaging third-grade science lessons. Each unit meets one or more of the NGSS third-grade standards. Are you looking for resources made by someone who understands NGSS? I ha$77.80$94.75Save $16.95
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
Students will learn about the life cycle of a chicken and about embryology.
Would you like to teach students about the life cycle of a chicken? This is a complete low prep unit on the life cycle of a chicken. Students will love these high-interest reading pages. Students will learn about life cycles and about chicken growth and development.
- slide show about the inside of an egg
- Informational text passages (three pages)
- follow-up pages
- story about Banti the Broody Hen
- sorting activities
- matching activities
This resource is aligned with
NGSS 3-LS1-1 Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
This resource is also aligned with the science standards for Utah's third grade.
Utah SEEd 3.2.1 Develop models to describe patterns of change that organisms go through during their life cycles. Emphasize that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles, but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
This resource also includes a darling true story of a broody bantam hen. She wanted to sit on eggs and hatch them and raise chicks. She sat on her own eggs and tried to hatch them, but they were not fertilized so they did not hatch. She even sat on a golf ball! Banti’s person got her some fertilized eggs from a farm and she goes on to raise some chicks.
This beautifully told story is in a slide show format and is perfect for a read-aloud story. Children will love following Banti’s adventures and watch her raise her chicks. They will be interested to learn through this story about the hen's instinct and behavior.
**My work, including the slide show, is not editable for copyright reasons.
There are response pages for the story of Banti, as well as, center activities and follow-up pages on chick growth and development.
This is perfect for a unit on the farm or chick hatching! The story is beautifully illustrated artwork and photos. There are video clips included.
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
This unit DOES NOT require you to be hatching chicks to use it. See more on the chicken life cycle here.
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Student Skills Include:
The following Science and Engineering Practices will be used by students:
Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
Developing and using models
Planning and carrying out investigations
Analyzing and interpreting data
Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering) Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
Please see my other resources for third grade.