This is a mini-unit on breeds of chickens, chickens in general, and the life cycle of a chicken.
Included in this unit are:
1. KWL posters
2. Label to create chicken folder
3. Chicken facts (2 pages)
4. Chicken mini-research project and websites to find the information
5. My Chicken Vocabulary packet (students illustrate the chicken vocabulary)
6. BookFlix packet on Rosie's Walk and A Chick Grows Up
7. Chicken Acrostic worksheet that I used for an assessment
8. Fact and Opinion Cut and Paste
9. My Chicken Hatching Observation Journal
10. Non-fiction Organizer (to use with any non-fiction text/book)
11. Non-fiction Response Sheet (to use with any non-fiction text/book)
Information on the Magic School Bus: Cracks a Yolk and contacting your local 4H group to hatch eggs in your classroom.