This literature unit is intended for use in 3rd to 5th Grade classrooms to accompany the wonderful book Chicken Sunday by Patricia Polacco. This story tells the tale of three children who find themselves unjustly accused of throwing eggs at a store while trying to buy a new Easter hat for their grandmother.
The activities are meant to develop deep thinking among students, and include:
- Writing (2 activities - Writing Clues, and Writing a Recount)
- Comprehension & Grammar worksheet
- Drama (Tableaux activity with rubric)
- Art (2 activities - Pysanky Eggs, and Inside the Window)
- Vocabulary Word Search
- Math (Determining Ratios for Easter Egg Dye)
Answer keys are provided when necessary. This resource contains 14 pages, NOT including the answer keys. Please be sure to download the full preview to ensure this resource meets the needs of your classroom before purchasing!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺