Child abuse prevention is perhaps the single-most important topic that educators can teach their students! But, we all know that it is SO sensitive that it can be difficult to navigate and uncomfortable to teach! So, I created this PowerPoint presentation and activities that makes this tough topic EASY-TO-TEACH for educators and meaningful and engaging for 3rd - 5th graders!
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- Clickable PowerPoint presentation (see below for the topics covered!)
- Editable English/Spanish parent letter to send home informing parents of the lesson
- 6 scenario cards - perfect for small or large group discussion
- 6 scenario cards with matching feelings worksheets - perfect for small or large group discussion and/or independent reflection
- 2 additional worksheets for students to reflect on safe people in their lives
- Document that shows how the lesson is aligned to ASCA National Standards
- All items included in full color and black/white!
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
- What are the 3 types of touch?
- How does each type of touch make a child feel?
- What are examples of each type of touch?
- What do I do and say if someone tries to give me an ouch touch or a private touch?
- What do I do if someone gives me an ouch touch or a private touch and insists I not tell anyone?
- How can I be assertive, confident, and brave enough to report child abuse?
- Who is a safe person I can talk to?
Best wishes and thank you for your help in keeping our kids safe! :)
Be sure to also check out my other child abuse prevention resources!
★ Like what you see? Follow me on social media! ★
Follow Music City School Counselor on Instagram!
Follow Music City School Counselor on Facebook!