Children of Blood and Bone No Prep Novel Study.
This 675-page bundle contains NO PREP student handouts, lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, discussion guide and comprehensive ANSWER KEY to cover chapter vocabulary, chapter short response questions and extended response analysis questions for every chapter in Children of Blood and Bone (85 Chapters + Epilogue) - plus pre and post-reading literary analysis activities and fun projects!
Zip FIle Includes:
- Student Handouts - PDF & editable DOC (180 pages)
- PowerPoint Slides - editable PPT (350 slides)
- Answer Key & Discussion Guide - PDF & editable DOC (138 pages)
- Adaptable Lesson Plan for Every Chapter - PDF & editable DOC
- Reusable Exit Slip for Any Lesson - PDF
- Reusable Bell Ringer for Any Lesson (paraphrase inspirational quotes) - Editable DOC
- Bonus: Maji Clan Allegory Activity - PDF
- Bonus: Orisha Map Allegory Activity - PDF
Need your Children on Blood and Bone novel unit to be Google Classroom compatible? Simply upload the PowerPoint to your Google Drive for students to answer chapter vocabulary, short response and extended response questions on their computers or tablets!
How to Use this Bundle:
- Since every ELA teacher will want to cover a different number of Children of Blood and Bone chapters inside and outside of class, the adaptable lesson plan makes it effortless to plan a full novel study depending on which chapters you want to read every day of the unit. Simply plug in the chapters you want to read each day. Then use the included chart to plug in the relevant Grade 9 - 12 common core reading standards and student-friendly learning focus (daily objective) for each chapter. When applicable, use the included clickable links to play relevant mini-lesson instructional videos to introduce the relevant common core reading concepts and skills for each chapter. Finally, use the included reusable bell ringer and exit slip to complete your NO PREP novel study lessons!
Simply print the Children of Blood and Bone student handouts and pair with the PowerPoint, discussion guide and answer key to start your NO PREP novel unit today!
Every chapter handout, discussion guide and answer key contains chapter vocabulary, comprehension short response questions and analysis extended response questions.
Every student handout includes a 6-point ACEPaPeR writing checklist/rubric and answer key to guide high-quality reading response analysis writing and to ensure effortless teacher grading!
Your students will master EVERY high school reading skill as they practice thoughtful analysis of characterization, conflict, theme, figurative language, point of view, author's purpose, text structure, allusion allegory, motif and symbolism in Tomi Adeyemi's novel, Children of Blood and Bone.
Tomi Adeyemi's Children of Blood and Bone (#1 in Legacy of Orisha Trilogy) is the #1 New York Times Bestselling Novel for Young Adult Fiction and one book every high school student should read! This is the best contemporary novel for teenagers and best novel study for high school students! Don't wait! Engage your high school students (Grade 8 - 12) in this young adult novel study!
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE, TOMI ADEYEMI OR THE LEGACY OF ORISHA SERIES; IT IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
ENJOY MORE NO PREP NOVEL STUDIES
To Kill a Mockingbird
Heart of Darkness
Catcher in the Rye
A Wrinkle in Time
Their Eyes Were Watching God
Tupac & Dfoster
Among the Hidden
Tears of a Tiger
Raisin in the Sun
Discovering Wes Moore
Of Mice and Men
Autobiography of My Dead Brother
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Summer Reading Packet for ANY NOVEL
Novel Study Final Project for ANY TEXT
NEED MORE NO PREP RESOURCES?
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development
VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR TEACHING RESOURCES & TIPS
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION