This lesson from Matthew 18:21-35 is centered around the Parable of the Unmerciful Servant. It is told by Jesus after the Apostle Peter asked him a simple question about his obligation to forgive others. Little did Peter know how deep of an answer he would receive. Your students will learn that God expects all of us to forgive others sincerely and not just once or twice. They will also discover how freeing forgiveness is when it is done from the heart.
It is made up of the following components to minimize preparation time and maximize effectiveness:
- Today’s Memory Verse and Bible Story Location – displays a Memory Verse and the location of the Bible Verses that inspired the story.
- Introduction – A brief introduction into the Bible Story that will be read.
- Story Time - The Bible Story itself.
- Review Time - Contains Review Questions to reinforce the lesson.
- Let's Talk - Contains Discussion Questions to reinforce the lesson.
- Our Big Takeaway - Our Big Takeaway allows your students to read our takeaway and then come up with one of their own. It can be found in the Activity Section.
- Swords Up – A game that helps children learn to navigate their Bibles by looking up verses.
- Memory Verse Take Home Page - This page repeats the memory verse 10 times allowing you to cut them out and send them home with your students.
- Activity Time - These vary. Examples of Activities: Crossword Puzzles, Word Finds...
- Answer Key - Answers to the Activities are included in this lesson.
Great for Sunday School Teachers and Homeschoolers as well!