China: A Webquest/Extension Activities
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- COUNTRIES IN FOCUS:A BUNDLE OF RESOURCES ON COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD WEBQUESTSRUSSIA SWITZERLAND CHINA ICELAND GREECE ITALYINDIABRAZILAUSTRALIAIRELANDIntroduce young people to these 10 countries of the world with these different webquest. Additionally extension activities, links and the key are includPrice $37.50Original Price $39.85Save $2.35
Studying China. This web quest would be a positive addition to a unit of study! Want to introduce your students to the country of China during Chinese New Year? This web quest gives students an overview to the country including map skill questions, learning about the panda bears, the Great Wall of China, The Terra Cotta Solders and lots more. Extension activities and links as well as the key are also included. The 12 page resource has 10 informational web questions.
With the 2022 Winter Olympics being held in China, this resource might also be of interest!
Want a student version, just email me(Q/A) and I will be happy to send it along.
Other resources for China you may find of interest:
1. Did you know that enough dirt was used to create the Great Wall of China to circle the earth with an 8 ft. high wall? Did you know that ice cream was probably first invented by the Chinese(frozen milk/rice)? Did you know that the yo-yo was invented by the Chinese or that the number 9 and the color red are considered good luck in China? I taught a unit on China for 32 years and would love to share some my notes, activities and resources I used with my students.Let's Explore China!
2. Want a fun activity to review vocabulary terms for a unit of study on China? Looking for an enrichment activity in history? Try my Chinese Puzzler: Secret Message Review Activity. The activity involves students working individually or in groups to review vocabulary terms connected with China. Then,a following direction activity is next where students place letters from the different terms into boxes found at the end of the activity page. Once all the boxes are filled, a "secret message" about China is revealed! The teacher page includes additional information to share about the "secret message"! If you prefer to offer a vocabulary box, I have included this as well.China, A Secret Message Review Activity
You may find these other Countries in Focus of interest:
1. Russia: This webquest of 10 questions will enable young people to learn lots of information on the country of Russia! Extension activities, resources, fun facts,key. Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. Russia, Country in Focus, A Webquest
2. Australia: Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. There is also a mapskill activity. Try Australia. I also have a Country in Focus on Switzerland,India and Iceland. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation, for an enrichment activity or for a substitute.
Russia, Country in Focus-A Webquest
3. Iceland. Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. The first in the series is Iceland. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity. Iceland, Country in Focus, A Webquest
4. India:Country in Focus,is a web quest, with additional fun facts and extension activities. Did you know that it was ancient India which gave the world the idea of the zero? The game Chutes and Ladders comes from an Indian board game. More people speak English in India than in the United States? Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. India, Country in Focus-A Webquest
5. Greece: Use this informative web quest as an introduction to the country of Greece. Greece, A Country in Focus-A Webquest
6. Switzerland: Did you know that a Swiss man named Bertrand Piccard was the first person to circumnavigate the earth in a hot-air balloon? Did you know that the first chocolate bar was made in Switzerland back in 1819? Learn more about this mountainous country with this informative webquest on Switzerland!
Mapwork, 9 web questions, extension activities and key...
Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity. Switzerland, Country in Focus-A Webquest
Learn about the country of Brazil with this informational web quest. There is also a map skill activity and fun facts. Additionally, there is a teacher page with extension activities and additional links.
Although the map skill/webquest can be completed in one session, if you opt to do the extension activity, additional days could be used. Brazil, Country in Focus-A Webquest <2016 Olympics will be held in Brazil!)
Perhaps, you might like to follow my TpT Store. Click by the green star by my photograph.