The following is a two day (75 minute periods), common core-based worksheet/lesson that focuses on the development of Chinese civilizations and belief systems. Topics covered include Chinese geography, the birth of Chinese civilization, ethnocentrism, the dynastic cycle, Confucianism, Daoism, Legalism, and the Golden Age of Chinese Civilization (Han, Tang, Song dynasties). The worksheet contains a variety of student-centered activities that serve to actively engage students.
• Map analysis
• Introduction of key vocabulary words with spaces for their definitions as well as thought/discussion provoking questions.
• Secondary source readings and charts for analysis – questions follow
• Endless discussion opportunities about a variety of topics including the Golden Rule, ethnocentrism, the dynastic cycle, Confucianism, Daoism, and Legalism
• Development of a thesis statement about Chinese belief systems
• Graphic organizer and readings/questions on the Golden Ages of China.
I also offer a supplementary reading on the ideas of Confucius...
The Ideas of Confucianism - Religions/Belief Systems - Global/World History
Since this worksheet was developed on a Word Document, it can be easily modified for shorter or longer class periods. Please follow me for quicker access to future uploaded worksheets. Please take a moment to rate this worksheet. Thanks!