Now a complete unit with multiple assessment options! Individually this packet would cost over $60.00! This is a fantastic way to cover all of the key points for the Chinese Dynasties during the Medieval Period including the Sui, Tang, Song, Yuan and Ming. You can pick and choose from a ton of notes formats, Common Core worksheets, projects and activities. Check out the PREVIEW for a closer look!
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are economy, leadership, social classes, geography, religion, and achievements.
A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Medieval China bundle is divided into 4 parts:
I. MEDIEVAL CHINA NOTES, POWERPOINTS, GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS, CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference:
1. Chinese Dynasty PowerPoint for all 5 Empires with key vocabulary
2. Printable Chinese Dynasty notes for all 5 empires
3. Nine Dynasty CCSS Literacy Reading Stations with two Common Core activity options
4. Religions of China PowerPoint Graphic Organizer, or Homework extension
5. PowerPoint Foot Binding Explanation with Medical Pictures
6. A Medeival China Introduction Investigation
- Students analyze primary sources, look at maps and visuals to make predictions about their learning for the unit. It also comes witha summative reflection activity!
7. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. MEDIEVAL CHINA ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS, PROJECTS, STATIONS AND CLOSE READINGS-
Current, engaging and interactive activities that have students process information.
1. A Geography of China Introduction Mini-Bundle including seven activity options for both student centered and direct Instruction!
2. A China Geography Satellite Map Introduction
3. A complete vocabulary set with a vocabulary assignment, two review games and quiz in both PDF and WORD.
4. Judge Confucius and Judge Buddha Mock Trial Activity With Two Readings, Quotes, Mock Trail template and a Rubric!
5. Chinese Dynasty Poem or Activity Book Project with Examples
6. Song and Tang Golden Age Common Core Reading
7. Song and Tang Golden Age Common Core Invention Chart
8. Song and Tang Golden Age Common Core Writing Worksheet and fun invention advertisement assignment.
9.Common Core Informative Paragraph Activity
10. Consumer Report for a Chinese Invention Template
11. Chinese Invention Pinterest Worksheet
12. Confucius Common Core Reading and Instagram extension Activity
13. Buddha Common Core Reading and Twitter extension Activity
14. Marco Polo DBQ (document based question) project/assessment that is Common Core aligned with MANY options for group or individual work.
15. Brand New Yuan Dynasty Historical Snap Shot Close Reading Investigation with Annotation
16. Medieval China DBQ with three writing options. Could be an excellent assessment too!
17. A fun Chinese Invention Infomercial Activity with Examples and a Graphic Organizer. My class LOVES this!
18. Brand New Chinese Innovation SharkTank Lesson with rubrics, examples, teacher instructions, graphic organizers and printables!
III. MEDIEVAL CHINA REVIEW AND FUN CLASS GAMES!
1. Printable Review Activity Graphic Organizer for Sharing Class
2. Interactive Group Game based on notes with answer
3. China Vocabulary Password
4. Printable homework worksheet study scramble based on the notes for all five dynasties
IV. MEDIEVAL CHINA ASSESSMENTS AND TESTS
1.Common Core Academic and Content Vocabulary Quiz
2.Common Core Literacy and Writing Test with three sections. In Both PDF and Word. Easy to Modify!
3. The TWO DBQ's in the activity section are also GREAT assessments!
Have a great China Unit!
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy the entire year of Medieval History Lesson Plans in a discounted MEDIEVAL HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.
Keywords: Instructomania, Pavlovich, World History grade 7 lesson plans, medieval china lesson plans, medieval China lesson plans 6th grade, Mongols