Ancient China: Han Dynasty Quick and Easy Newspaper Activity
is an engaging activity on the Han dynasty. Students get the scoop on major contributions of the Han dynasty when they jump into investigation as reporters. They create op-eds, articles, political cartoons and more in this 90 minute newspaper project. For additional authenticity, students can create their newspapers on scrolls. A great way to examine the Han dynasty.
Included in this teacher's guide:
- Informational Text for students on 7 topics on the Han dynasty
- Teacher directions
- Ready-to-use activity directions for students
Save by purchasing as part of an Ancient China: Teacher Resource Bundle of Activities and Projects
This activity is a valuable addition to your study of Ancient China
. Use along with other activities, simulations, and projects.
Two ways to use:
- Introduction: students read the provided information and write articles in a short time. Students work together to form the first page or two of a newspaper on their topics.
- In-depth: students read the provided information on industrial revolution related topics. Student groups work together to divide up topics and ideas and conduct additional research. Students write investigative articles on the topics.
- OPTIONAL: for either option, consider a gallery walk at the end in which students visit each other's newspapers to learn about the different topics and to analyze major events and people related to the era.
China resources include:
- Ancient China Creation Myth Activity
- Ancient China: Shang Dynasty Guided Notes and Activity
- Ancient China: Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism Comparison Activity
- Ancient China: The Qin Dynasty Collaborative Mini-Project
- Ancient China: Map and Analysis Activity
- Ancient China: Unit Project
- Ancient China: Inventions Student-created gallery walk
- Ancient China Dynasty: Quick and Easy Newspaper Activity
- Ancient China Interactive Notebook Graphic Organizer Pages
even more with the Middle School World History Bundle
which includes all current and future middle school world history products in the store.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips and resources for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.