Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- This big bundle includes 6 resources altogether: 4 resources about China that introduce your students to Chinese culture, geography, and history while giving them reading, writing, and grammar tasks to do, 1 resource with Chinese zodiac clipart, and 1 resource with Chinese zodiac word search puzzles$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- Help your students develop their reading and writing skills as they learn about Chinese history and society from ancient times to the modern era with the 4 resources included in this bundle:* Students read about Chinese dynasties, famous emperors and philosophers; about Chinese history, geography, a$15.00$18.75Save $3.75
This bundle includes 2 China resources that you can use for reading and writing practice or review: Chinese New Year Writing Activities, which has reading and writing tasks about the Chinese New Year holiday, and Chinese New Year ELA Task Cards for Mechanics and Grammar, a set of task cards with pictures of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac on them and errors in sentences that students must identify and then correct. Both resources can be used in Social Studies classes as well as in English Language Arts classes because they teach students about aspects of the Chinese New Year while also providing language arts skills practice. Save 20% when you buy this bundle!
✓ Please note:
Please click on the links to the individual resources to see how to use them remotely.
The Chinese New Year Writing Activities product includes three literacy tasks:
* A short information text about the Chinese Zodiac that can be read aloud to students or which they can read themselves, depending on their reading level, with comprehension questions and an answer key on separate pages;
* A 3-paragraph information text about the Chinese New Year holiday, with accompanying questions and answer key;
* An opinion writing task about the Chinese Zodiac--for each of the 12 animals in the Chinese Zodiac, there is 1 page with a photograph of the animal and a short description of the characteristics of people born during that animal year. The task for students is to write a paragraph stating whether they agree or disagree that the characteristics for the animal year in which they were born accurately describe them. Three model paragraphs at different levels of writing are included as guides for students.
Also included is a list of ELA Common Core standards addressed in this product and an evaluation rubric so you can easily assess your students' work.
In the Chinese New Year ELA Task Cards for Mechanics and Grammar product, each task card has a sentence about one of the 12 animals of the Chinese Zodiac on it and the task for students is to identify what kind of error is in the sentence and then fix it so the sentence is written correctly.
* Sentences are written in simple English so ELLs at an intermediate proficiency level or older students who are not reading at grade level can comprehend them; younger students can also use them as a review.
* Multiple choice responses are included on each task card. An answer sheet for students and an answer key for teachers are both provided.
What an educator who has used this resource says about it:
♥ "Perfect! Thank you!!!" -- Nicole D.
What you get in this bundle:
Chinese New Year Writing Activities product for Grades 3 - 5 and Homeschool, 30 pages; includes:
★ A Table of Contents for convenience (1 page)
★ A Notes to the Teacher section with background information (2 pages)
★ A list of the ELA Common Core standards addressed in this product (1 page)
★ A mini poster showing all 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac (1 page)
★ An information text about the Chinese zodiac, with comprehension questions and an answer key (3 pages)
★ An information text about the Chinese New Year, with comprehension questions and an answer key (3 pages)
★ Three differentiated model paragraphs for the opinion writing task (3 pages)
★ Student pages for an opinion writing task about the Chinese zodiac, including a blank lined page if more space for writing is needed (13 pages)
★ An evaluation rubric for the opinion writing task (1 page)
Chinese New Year ELA Task Cards for Mechanics and Grammar product for Grades 3 - 6 and Homeschool, 8 pages; includes:
★ A set of 12 task cards in color (3 pages)
★ An answer sheet for students (1 pages)
★ An answer key for teachers (1 page)
★ A Notes to the Teacher page with background information (1 page)
When you buy this Chinese Writing Bundle, you'll save 20% off the cost of purchasing each product separately! But if you prefer to buy them individually, you can find them here:
You might also like these China-themed products:
★ China Culture Bundle (this includes the Chinese Zodiac Animals Clip Art product and the ABC China Book product)
Or buy the big bundle with all 5 China resources:
★ China Big Bundle of Writing, Reading, Grammar, Wordsearch Activities & Clipart (includes the C is for China ABC Book, Chinese Zodiac Animals Clipart, Chinese New Year Writing and Reading Activities, Chinese New Year ELA Task Cards and Chinese New Year Word Search Puzzles products)
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards or WIDA ELD standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS or WIDA standards.