Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.04 MB | 2 page article, 2 page comic strip worksheet pages
In this lesson, students read a 2 page article about the Chinese Communist Revolution. As they read, they fill out a comic strip. At the top of the comic strip, they answer questions about each section of the article. At the bottom of the comic strip, they illustrate the main event of main idea of that section of the article.
The article covers these points:
1. China's political instability and chaos after the Age of Imperialism.
2. Chiang Kai-shek and the Nationalists.
3. The Nationalist goal of turning China into a democracy.
4. Mao Zedong and the Communist Party
5. Communist goals for China.
6. China's Civil War between the Nationalists and the Communists after World War II
7. The Long March
8. Communist victory and the Nationalists fleeing to Taiwan
9. How Mao's Communist doctrine differed from Soviet doctrine and led to a Chinese-Soviet split.
For Texas teachers, this lesson plan covers these TEK:
WH13 History. The student understands the impact of major events associated with the Cold War and independence movements. The student is expected to:
(B) summarize the factors that contributed to communism in China, including Mao Zedong's role in its rise, and how it differed from Soviet communism