This lesson is designed for the youngest learners of Chinese, but can also be used for older students. It has lots of other related elements that can either be used as a review or an extension like numbers, planets, 5 elements, colours and directions.
I included a story about it in the introduction part. It also has beautiful sheets for handwriting for each day of the week and big characters to trace or colour for the youngest kids.
- The introduction to the origin of the days of the week.
- Poster for the week - 星期 and the poster with a contour, it can be laminated and used for practising the handwriting or just be coloured or decorated.
- Beautiful sheets for handwriting practice designed for each day of the week
- Cut and paste activity to put the days of the week in order
- Word search
- Cutouts for an interactive notebook to fold and glue in the notebook (they can also be cut/laminated and used as flashcards for sorting/matching activities. Each card with a day of the week has its planet, character and pinyin.
I added the special extension flashcards that have planets, elements, directions and colours for each day of the week it is associated with.
- Flashcards with characters
- Flashcards with characters and pinyin
- The list of active songs on youtube about days of the week in Chinese
Related products :
Freebie craft - Weekdays' Wheel
- to practice days of the week in Chinese
Chinese Numbers 1-10
12 Colours in Chinese
Hope you enjoy my lesson and I'm looking forward to your feedback ^__^