Take your students down the Silk Road Trade Route
to learn about the Han
and other Chinese Dynasties
in your studies on Ancient and Medieval China
This interactive lecture provides the basic details on the dynasties of China
and involves students with a variety of optional activities
. As each dynasty
is introduced, a prompt is provided encouraging students to investigate the contributions of each time period.
I set up information cards in "archeological dig sites
" in my classroom for students to gather and present to the class (Sold separately!).
There are 9 key contributions
noted for each dynasty
to support use with 9 groups of students. Also included are Confucian quotes
which I encourage students to read, stating, "Confucius say..."
This is always a fun activity!
Lastly, slides are included that introduce the decline of each dynasty, cultural contributions of each region, and the geographic obstacles faced
. This activity can be used in World History or AP World History classes.
Also available in my store is the Chinese Dynasties Archeological Dig Activity
and the Han Dynasty Silk Road Activity.
Take a look at these other great resources for investigating China, Asia, and Ancient Civilizations
• Chinese Dynasties Shang thru Han w/Confucius and Silk Road Interactive Notes
• Chinese Han Dynasty & Silk Road Activity
• Chinese Dynasties Archeological Dig Activity
• Asian Empires Choice Activity Assignments Cumulative Projects
• China Scavenger Hunt Task Card Activity
• Asia Walking Tour on History, Culture, Physical Geography, Economy
• Mapping the New Asian Empires Activity
• China - History of an Empire Reading & Question Homework Assignment
See my TpT Store for other great Social Studies activities!