Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
27 KB|11 pages
This webquest allows students to learn about Chinese immigration to America. The Chinese Immigration Webquest uses an engaging website that allows students to explore the positive and negative experiences that Chinese immigrants had within the United States.
The webquest contains 50 questions and is a great way for students to learn more about the following topics:
• The California Gold Rush and the origins of Chinese immigration to America
• The struggle for work (railroads)
• Discrimination and intolerance
• Legislative harassment
• Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
• Chinatowns and Chinese communities
• Growth and inclusion (Changes to Chinese Immigration Policies)
• Immigration since the 1960s
An answer sheet is included for the teacher. The webquest takes most students one class period to complete depending on the age of your students. Feel free to modify this activity if needed to fit the needs of your students. I highly suggest this webquest for students in grades 5-12.