Also included in
- Teach your students about the different holidays of the year with the included nonfiction reading articles and other engaging inquiry activities. Included you will receive activities for:Labor Day Back to Schoolwriting assessmentwriting projectgoal writing flip bookdecorative bannersscience activity$57.85$72.31Save $14.46
Celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year with your students using this informational print and digital text and accompanying flip book. Students will read through the worksheet packet or Google Slides to gain information about the Chinese calendar, zodiac animals and their characteristics, holiday traditions, and celebrations. Students will summarize their knowledge by completing the review activity that is available as a printable flipbook or as a digital Google Slide activity.
Like this Chinese Lunar New Year activity? Check out the bundle and save 20%: click here
Students will learn:
- Differences between the traditional western solar cycle calendar and the Chinese lunar calendar
- The 12 zodiac animals and characteristics
- When and why the Chinese Lunar New Year came about
- Celebrations such as the Dragon Dance and Lantern Festival
This print AND digital lesson includes:
- Sneak Peek into My Classroom: Tips and ideas to implement this lesson into your own classroom
- Digital instructions to distribute the Google Slides activity - YES! You can use this with your secure learning management system such as Google Classroom, Schoology, Seesaw, etc
- Six-page reading worksheets that detail the
- Significance of this holiday
- Chinese zodiac calendar
- Traditions and an additional page of comprehension questions
- Student flipbook instructions
- 9-tab flip book that organizes and summarizes information from the article
- Rubric to grade activity
- Answer key
Feedback from happy teachers:
- Awesome activity! I like that you have formatted questions like the constructive answer response questions on the state test. I also like the compare and contrast questions.
- Students learned a ton, and the students from Chinese-American families were thrilled to see something from their culture in our lessons. Students enjoyed having their own little books!
- This was a great way to include cultural diversity in the science classroom. The students really liked discovering their lunar animal.
- My students loved making this set. They worked to make it look neat and pretty and even wanted to bind it into a book.
- Very cool flip book on the Zodiac and Chinese New Year. Used it on the New Year in my Geography class as a station.
Other holiday lessons and activities you might be interested In:
Kindly Note: If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at Samson's Shoppe Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Samson's Shoppe. I would love for you to become a follower.
Samson's Shoppe followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Samson's Shoppe. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.