Chinese New Year activity - Learning about the Chinese New Year will be fun and interactive! Get ready to have your students have some FUN as they learn about the traditions of the Chinese New Year in this fresh and funky Chinese New Year Flip Flap Book™!
Included in this unit is:
* 1 C-H-I-N-E-S-E New Year Flip-Flap Book™ - The students will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned about the traditions, foods, and holiday decorations relating to the Chinese New Year by reading the Chinese New Year Tri-Fold Travel Brochure that is included with the resource!
* read the double-sided Tri-Fold Travel Brochure that is included
* write about the tradition that Chinese children look forward to
* write when and why the Chinese New Year takes place
* draw and write about two different types of decorations and what they symbolize
* draw and write about three different traditional Chinese foods that are served and what they symbolize
* write and draw about three different traditions that take place during the Chinese New Year
* take a survey of their class on the type of Chinese food that is their favorite
* use the survey results to create a bar graph of Chinese food favorites
ALL of these writing activities can be completed by reading the Tri-Fold Travel Brochure that is included with this resource!
I hope you enjoy this unit!
Please Note: This unit requires 8 1/2 x 11 AND 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size) photocopy paper. In order to print this unit, you will need BOTH SIZES OF PAPER!
Try something NEW, DIFFERENT, and FRESH with your students. You can be sure they will have a blast showing their knowledge in a fun and interactive way!
Are you nervous about making a Flip-Flap book™ in your classroom? NEVER FEAR....Check out my VIDEO TUTORIAL...
Flip-Flap Book™ Video Tutorial
Thank you for your interest in my product. If you purchase it, I would be grateful if you could leave feedback on my unit.