Chinese New Year 2015 begins on February 19th!
Bring Chinese New Year celebrations into your classroom with this fresh, fun, and accurate lesson kit, for ages 8-11!
This comprehensive 5-in-1 activity kit includes hours of activities, such as:
1. An original 21 page non-fiction book with beautiful, full color photos and glossary. (Book is an approximate Reading A-Z level T/U; be sure to download the preview for a sample page!)
2. Reading comprehension worksheet written to strengthen fact recall, critical thinking and ability to make personal connections to literature.
3. Answer Key.
4. Printable lucky red envelope template and tips for use.
5. Printable templates for creating cool dragon puppets that kids love.
6. Illustrated instructions for dragon puppets. (Display the instructions on a screen and stop having to repeat directions!)
7. "Chinese New Year Planner Activity," a two-sided printable that prompts students to use their imaginations and apply creativity while using factual information from the non-fiction book.
8. Teacher's guide with tips and ideas for use.
This lesson kit provides hours of activities that help students practice critical reading and writing skills while enjoying the opportunity for creativity and imagination.
The facts in the non-fiction book are thoroughly researched and up-to-date, ensuring that the content you teach is accurate.
The non-fiction book is excellent for independent reading, guided reading, or literacy centers.
Students will enjoy reading about the excitement and meaning of Chinese New Year, while creative and easy-to-make crafts let them to join in on the fun!
Chinese New Year Lesson Kit
by Eve Perlman
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License