Great for an INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK. Have students review the factoids and do some of the extension activities.
Great for a study on China or during Chinese New Year. In 2021, Chinese New Year begins on February 12th.
You may find these resources of interest:
1. Part of my Country in Focus series: A great resource that helps develop skills such as reading for information and using research and computer skills. This web quest gives students an overview to the country: map skills, info on panda bears, Great Wall, Terra Cotta Solders-more. Extension activities/key (12 page resource with 10 informational web questions).China, A Country in Focus: A Webquest
2.Want a fun activity to review vocabulary terms for a unit of study on China? Looking for an enrichment activity in history? Try my Chinese Puzzler: Secret Message Review Activity. The activity involves students working individually or in groups to review vocabulary terms connected with China. Then,a following direction activity is next where students place letters from the different terms into boxes found at the end of the activity page. Once all the boxes are filled, a "secret message" about China is revealed! The teacher page includes additional information to share about the "secret message"! If you prefer to offer a vocabulary box, I have included this as well.Chinese Secret Message Review Activity
3. Learn about the Great Wall of China with this informative reading. Also included are 10 Did You Know? facts about the Great Wall, ten comprehension questions, a teacher page with extension activities, additional links and the key.Great Wall of China Reading/Activities
4. Unit on China: Did you know that enough dirt was used to create the Great Wall of China to circle the earth with an 8 ft. high wall? Did you know that ice cream was probably first invented by the Chinese(frozen milk/rice)? Did you know that the yo-yo was invented by the Chinese or that the number 9 and the color red are considered good luck in China? I taught a unit on China for 32 years and would love to share some my notes, activities and resources I used with my students.Let's Explore China!
Check out others in the Exploring World Landmarks Reading Passage Series: Eiffel Tower, Uluru Rock/Ayers Rock and the Taj Mahal.
1. BOOK Fun Facts(great for National Library Day, 4/15 and Library of Congress Day, 4/24: Book Fun Facts
2.Earth Day Freebie: Earth Day Freebie
3. Women' s History Month Freebie: Women's History Month Freebie
4. Black History Month Freebie: Black History Month Freebie
5. Pumpkin Facts: Pumpkin Fun Facts
6. Amazing Mummy Facts: Amazing Mummy Facts
7. April Fools’ Day Freebie: April Fools’ Day Freebie
8. King Tut Day Freebie: King Tut Day Freebie
9.Amazing Presidential Fun Facts: Presidential Factoids
Perhaps,you'd like to follow my TpT Store. Click by the green star by my photograph. I send monthly notes and have specials from time to time.