This 11 page adapted book helps students learn about Chinese New Year through WH questions. Each page includes 1-2 sentences of informational text and a corresponding WH question. Students choose the correct answer from a field of 3 cards with both words and a picture.
Example passages and WH questions:
• Chinese New Year is celebrated for 15 days. It starts on a new moon and ends on a full moon. [How many days is Chinese New Year celebrated?]
• People wear red clothes and put up red decorations to scare away bad luck. [What color clothes do people wear?]
Also includes 5 worksheets to add a writing component to the book.
1) Circle the picture
2) Circle the words
3) Answer the question - independently
4) Answer the question - tracing
5) Trace the word by itself
This is not a comprehensive review of Chinese New Year but rather a few key pieces are highlighted for a special education class. The text is very basic so students can focus on the important pieces. Please check out the preview - it contains the entire book so you can determine whether it is appropriate for your students.
Includes directions for creating the book, set up, instruction and modifications. While designed for students with autism in mind, this book can be used in any special education or early childhood classroom.
Other February resources you will love:
• Groundhog Day Adapted Book
• Presidents' Day Adapted Books
• Black History Adapted Books
• Fine Motor Practice - Valentine's Day Theme
• Basic Concepts File Folders
Thanks for stopping by!