This is a set of printables to be used for Chinese New Year thematic units or centers. They are directed to pre – Kinders, Kinders and first graders and can also be used for extra activities or a complement to your ELA and MATHs Centers.
The sheets can also be adapted for homework or homeschoolers, too.
Don't miss to DOWNLOAD the PREVIEW PAGES to have one FREE PAPER.
This set contains 17 pages full of motivational and integrated activities:
1. Circle and color items related to Chinese New Year.
2. Color the numbers by code (1 -10).
3. Cut and paste: Chinese New Year.
4. Write words related to Chinese New year ( letter boxes are added).
5. Find words in the wordsearch: (China – family – fireworks – gifts – holiday – lantern – lucky – moon – red – Zodiac).
6. Read the poem “A great Big Dragon” by Jean Warren.
7. Trace numbers 1 – 10 (in symbols).
8. Trace numbers by tens up to 100 (in symbols).
9. Circle the odd numbers (1-10).
10. Cut and paste letters (4 letter boxes to paste that form the whole alphabet)
11. Cut and make this puzzle ( a girl hanging a sign with the words: Happy new year!).
12. Puzzle model (this sheet is done for the students to orientate and help them to resolve the puzzle).
13. Circle and color the even numbers (1 – 15).
14. Sum up in Chinese New Year (kids have to resolve dominoes by summing up and writing the results in symbols).
15. Write up to 100 (100 chart to complete).
16. Cut and make a flip - flap book in your notebook. (6 CHNY items: fireworks – dragon – money – lantern – candle – gift). Each item contains the initial letter for the little kids as a help. It also added a title strip to paste in the first flip-flap.
17. Cut, read and paste the cards to the corresponding Chinese new year items. (I created these strips or cards with the items’ names for the kids to paste them behind the pictures). If you would like the students to write the names, that can be possible if you obviate this task.
You can provide feedback if you think this is a great resource for the class!
Created by Magischool 2014