The Lesson Lady presents Chinese New Year Lantern Festival Watercolor Lesson! Help your students celebrate and learn about Chinese New Year while they use watercolors to create this fun lantern!
This Chinese lantern lesson takes about 4-6 one hour periods and is a 14 page packet filled with useful materials your students will use from the beginning to the end of this lesson. Everything you need to plan and create this lesson (except art materials!) is included.
The following elements are included to help you create this exciting and interesting lesson:
- Detailed lesson plan with written and illustrated step by step directions.
- Chinese New Year information sheet with a reading passage and questions for students to answer.
- Examples of Chinese paintings.
- A list of Chinese art discussion questions to help your students understand and identify characteristics of Chinese art.
- Examples of completed Chinese watercolor lanterns.
- Four point rubric you may wish to use to assess this assignment.
- Template to use if you would like.
Basic materials you will need to create this lesson include watercolor paint and brushes, 4 9"x12" pieces of paper per student, yarn, glue, rulers, and a hole punch.
I have found great success with this lesson even with hard to reach students and believe you will enjoy this lesson as well. Please contact me with any questions you may have about this product.
For another fun cultural art lesson, try my Day of the Dead Skull Art Lesson