This resource contains a PowerPoint slideshow on the Chinese New Year and the legends of how the Chinese calendar came to be.
You may also be interested in:
This is a fully editable and informative 80-slide PowerPoint presentation on the Chinese New Year, also known as the 'Spring Festival' which lasts for 15 days culminating in the Lantern Festival.
The PowerPoint contains hyperlinks to the animated legends of how the Chinese came to have their calendar, New Year's Eve street firework displays, the Lion and Dragon Dance and the Festival of Lanterns.
The presentation covers the following aspects of the Chinese New Year:
- The legends
- The zodiac
- The decorations
- The fireworks
- Red envelopes
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
- Street Celebrations
- The Lion and Dragon Dance
- The Lantern Festival
This is a fully editable and interactive 50-question quiz on the Chinese New Year.
The quiz can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the firecracker image on the bottom right-hand corner of each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to allow individuals/teams to record their answers.
Sample questions: (Questions contain 3 multiple choice answers)
- How many days does the Chinese New Year last for?
- How many animals are there in the Chinese zodiac?
- According to legend, which animal won the swimming race?
- Which Zodiac animal is it the year of in 2020?
- Each zodiac year is associated with one of the five elements - metal, water, wood, earth, and fire. What element will 2020 be?
- What other name is the Chinese New Year sometimes called?
- What is the special meal called that Chinese people have on New Year’s Eve?
- Why do Chinese people leave an empty chair at the table at the re-union meal?
- Who teases the lion in the lion dance?
- What color do Chinese people consider a lucky color?
Save money and buy both resources together at a discounted rate:
Follow me here for freebies and new resources.