Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a fully editable, highly interactive, colorful and informative 50 question quiz on the Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) which lasts for 15 days culminating in the Lantern Festival. The quiz is presented by two Chinese children.
The quiz can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the fire cracker image on the bottom right hand corner of each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to allow individuals / teams to record their answers.
Sample questions: (Questions contain 3 multiple choice answers)
1. How many days does the Chinese New Year last for?
2. How many animals are there in the Chinese zodiac?
3. According to legend which animal won the swimming race?
4. Which Zodiac animal is it the year of in 2019?
5. Each zodiac year is associated with one of the five elements - metal, water, wood, earth, and fire. What element will 2019 be?
6. What other name is the Chinese New Year sometimes called?
7. What is the special meal called that Chinese people have on New Year’s Eve?
8. Why do Chinese people leave an empty chair at the table at the re-union meal?
9. Who teases the lion in the lion dance?
10. What color do Chinese people consider a lucky color?
You may also be interested in:
Follow me here for freebies and new resources.