The Chinese New Year is a fun celebration to teach young children about and what better way than by incorporating reading, science, writing and social studies!
These 16 fiction and non-fiction plays provide great fluency practice and connections to science and social studies.
* Nian the Terrible Monster (fiction, 5 pages, 6 characters)
* The Great Race (fiction, 4 pages, 7 characters)
* Chinese New Year (non-fiction, 4.5 pages, 5 characters)
* All About the Moon (non-fiction, 3 pages, 4 characters)
* The Rat, The Ox, The Tiger, The Rabbit, The Dragon, The Snake, The Horse, The Sheep, The Monkey, The Rooster, The Dog & The Pig (fiction, 1 page each, 3 characters each)