Also included in
- This Chinese New Year Research Unit includes detailed instructions, a 5-day lesson plan, four editable research guides, two reader's theater scripts, a crossword puzzle, and an editable 54-slide PowerPoint trivia game. All answer keys provided.This unit includes:prep instructions (PDF and PowerPoint$17.10$19.00Save $1.90
No prep necessary! This tells the mythological story of "The Race for the Zodiac." It's fun and easy way to introduce middle grade students to an important Chinese New Year legend. Just print and go!
As an American expat living in Shanghai, I love Chinese New Year and have really enjoyed creating activities to go with this granddaddy of all Chinese holidays. "The Race for the Zodiac" story is famous here in China because it tells the story of how certain animals were selected to represent the Chinese zodiac and why they appear in a particular order.
PDF reader (such as Adobe)
- 5 printable pages
- not editable
- . I added humorous lines and personality to each animal character. The zodiac animals have specific personalities in Chinese mythology, and the dialogue for each animal reflects its unique personality.
- . It will take about 15-25 minutes to perform the script.
- of each of the 12 zodiac animals as they appear. This will give students visual cues of when each animal will appear and help them see when their lines are coming up.
- give lots of students a chance to perform.
- about Chinese New Year that will help students understand a bit more about the celebrations before reading the script.
- ! Everything is ready to go--just print and staple!
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. .
. Following my store will give you notifications of when new products are posted. I also post all my new products to my and on my .