Chinese New Year Unit includes:
1. Factually Speaking - a set of Addition Flash Cards 0-12 for students to work with a partner to place the problem card and answer card side by side under the appropriate heading/answer. Students are "speaking" to each other about the
math facts as they work their way to create a big math fact chart. This gets students up and out of their seats and becomes body/brain learning.
2. Read and Write Around the Room - "posters" are provided and the intent is that the posters will be hung around the room. Students place the Recording Sheet on their clipboard, choose a pointer, walk around the room finding the posters and filling out the Recording Sheet.
3. Estimation Jar - each jar is designed to be themed-based for each country. This exposes students to the vocabulary once again and provides an opportunity to practice various math standards. Also, a Math Mat is provided with Chinese money manipulative's to help students figure out the answer to Factually Speaking.
4. Task Cards - all of the Country Task Cards provide exposure to the vocabulary of that country as well as covering greater than and less than in math.
5. Fast Facts - Fast Fact Recording Sheets for students to fill out as they research about various topics.
6. Exit Tickets – students may answer as they leave for the day or change to a different task.
7. Book Cover pictures – books you may want to use during this unit.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY DIGITAL CONTENT NO PHYSICAL ITEMS!
How to get TpT credits to use on future purchases - Log in, go to "My Purchases," beside each purchase there will be a "Provide Feedback" button. Click it and there will be a page to leave a quick rating and a comment about the resource. When you provide feedback you will earn TpT credits that can be applied to future purchases to save you money!
How to Follow My Store - Click the green star beside my name at the top of my store page. You will then be notified when a new resource is posted.
JourneyED through Educational Transformations