Chinese New Year Word Search Puzzles about the Chinese Zodiac
Also included in
- This big China bundle includes 6 resources altogether: 4 resources about China that introduce your students to Chinese culture, geography, and history while giving them reading, writing, and grammar tasks to do, 1 resource with Chinese zodiac clipart, and 1 resource with Chinese zodiac word search pPrice $22.20Original Price $27.75Save $5.55
These Chinese New Year word search puzzles use the names of the 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac as the words to search for. With 3 levels of difficulty--easy, intermediate, and challenging--these color word search puzzles are differentiated so students of all abilities can enjoy using them when it's Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year) or whenever you teach about China. There are 36 color and 36 black-and-white word search puzzles for a total of 72 puzzles.
✓ Please Note:
* Many countries celebrate the Lunar New Year and have their own name for the holiday. This resource calls it "Chinese New Year" because I taught in China for 3 1/2 years and the images used in the puzzles come from a Chinese zodiac object that I got there.
* This resource is included in a money-savings big bundle with 6 other China-themed products, which is available HERE.
What an educator who has used this resource says about it:
♥ "Excellent source!" -- Andrew L.
Resource at a Glance:
* Students learn what Chinese zodiac animal year they were born in.
* Students learn what the current year is according to the Chinese zodiac.
* All students learning about China.
* Puzzles are differentiated with 3 levels of difficulty to accommodate students’ needs.
* Puzzles are in color as well as black-and-white for easy printing.
* Puzzles are print-and-go; just decide which puzzle(s) to to give students.
* Answer keys included to save you time and/or allow your students to correct puzzles themselves.
What you get in this Lunar New Year product:
★ A table of contents for quick reference and a list of the years represented by each animal of the Chinese zodiac (1 page)
★ A Notes to the Teacher page with explanatory information (1 page)
★ Three cover pages to help you organize the 3 sets of word search puzzles (3 pages)
★ Set 1 of the word search puzzles: Easy level, 1 puzzle or answer key per page; includes 12 puzzles in color, 12 answer keys in color, 12 puzzles in black-and white, 12 answer keys in black-and-white (48 pages total)
★ Set 2 of the word search puzzles: Intermediate level, 1 puzzle or answer key per page; includes 12 puzzles in color, 12 answer keys in color, 12 puzzles in black-and white, 12 answer keys in black-and-white (48 pages total)
★ Set 3 of the word search puzzles: Challenging level, 1 puzzle or answer key per page; includes 12 puzzles in color, 12 answer keys in color, 12 puzzles in black-and white, 12 answer keys in black-and-white (48 pages total)
Each word search puzzle is illustrated with a photograph of one of the animals of the Chinese zodiac. The photos were taken by me and come from an artifact I bought in China. (I worked in China for 3 1/2 years and that is why the phrase "Chinese New Year" is used instead of "Lunar New Year," even though the holiday is celebrated in many Asian cultures.)
If you give your students the puzzle for the current animal year in the Chinese zodiac, you can use this resource for 12 consecutive years without repeating a puzzle. Or you can mix things up and give students the word search puzzle for the Chinese zodiac year they were born in. A list of the years each Chinese zodiac animal represents is included in this product.
All the word searches come in both color and black-and-white versions and have accompanying answer keys. Just print, photocopy, and give to students to enjoy!
You can use this resource remotely in this way:
Photocopy the puzzle(s) you want your students to do and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and email/send the material home. Alternatively, if students have printers, email the puzzle(s) to them and tell them to print the work out themselves. Tell students what to do and have them email/send you their work when they’ve completed the puzzle(s). Use the answer keys to correct the work if you prefer doing that yourself.
Happy Chinese New Year -- Happy Lunar New Year!
You might also like these China-themed products:
★ Chinese Dynasties, Emperors & Philosophers: Charts, Task Cards & Puzzles
★ Chinese New Year Writing Activities
★ C is for China: An ABC Book with Facts & Photos about Chinese Culture, Geography, History
★ Chinese Zodiac Task Cards for Mechanics and Grammar
★ Chinese Zodiac Animals Clipart
Or buy a small bundle:
★ China Writing Bundle (Includes the Chinese New Writing Activities and Chinese New Year ELA Task Cards products)
★ China Culture Bundle (Includes the C is for China book and the Chinese Zodiac Clipart product)
Or buy the big bundle with 6 resources:
★ China Big Bundle of Writing, Reading, Grammar, Wordsearch Activities & Clipart (includes the C is for China ABC Book; Chinese Zodiac Animals Clipart; Chinese New Year Writing and Reading Activities; Chinese New Year ELA Task Cards; Chinese Dynasties, Emperors, and Philosopher; and Chinese New Year Word Search Puzzles products)
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the star by my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!