This 58 page packet has zodiac animal activities and worksheets created using my own hand drawn clip art. I made sheets for all 12 zodiac animals so you can use this packet from year after year. You can make Chinese New Year relevant to the students by having them learn about their birth year zodiac animal. You will find individual sheets in this packet that will do this and students can create a headband with their specific zodiac animal.
You will find the following:
1. Cover page and book list of age appropriate books to read to your class for grades K-2.
2. Directions for activities page.
3. Born year of ... worksheet for each of the twelve animals. Children discover what zodiac animal they are and the character traits.
4. Kid friendly definitions for the zodiac animal character traits.
5. All 12 zodiac animal black/white pdf files to create headbands.
6. Zodiac circle calendar (2 versions).
7. Color Posters of the twelve zodiac animals with character traits.
8. Interactive little reader (legend of the origin of the zodiac animals) with teacher copy of the legend to read to the class. Students use picture clues to figure out the missing word and phonetically write it to complete the sentence. (missing words are the zodiac animal names)This is a good activity to see who can use the sounding out process to write unknown or non-CVC words phonetically. Download the preview and take a look!