This lesson plan looks at ancient Chinese philosophies and their effects on China’s society. Then, it more closely studies women’s role according to Confucius philosophy through a video clip from Disney’s Mulan and a primary source document and a short writing assessment. The document is easy enough for all levels of students and the assignment can be adapted with guided questions (also included).
This is a fun activity that the students love and helps them understand how philosophies are evident in films and pop culture!
Included in this activity are:
1) A complete lesson plan with descriptions
2) A worksheet for the different philosophies
3) An answer key for the worksheet
4) An excerpt from a primary source Confucian document
5) A link to a clip from Disney's Mulan and descriptions on how to use that with the document.