Are you looking for a curriculum which teaches students Chinese characters through ancient pictographs? VOILA! This is an interesting world; students’ will learn the reason why Chinese ancestors created these words. With this knowledge, they'll recognize and even write Chinese characters sooner and easier.
Through this effective and impressive way, students will learning frequently use Chinese characters easily and efficiently. In each lesson, students will learn (1)origins of Chinese characters, (2) pinyin of the characters, and (3) related terms.
Each lesson provides:
1. Graphic Organizer: Using graphic organizer to communicate the words and terms students will learn from each lesson
2. Ancient Pictographs and Word Evolution:Students will know how Chinese characters were written in the old time versus now.
3. Word/Term/Pictograph Cards: Teacher may engage students in matching game with these cards.
4. Reading Practice: Students will practice reading Chinese characters and terms through pinyin.
5. Writing Practice: This page shows correct stroke orders to write Chinese characters. Students will practice writing on this page
6. Creative Word Games：this is a tool for teachers to check student understanding.