This packet contains lessons aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for grades 3-5 with 4th grade being the target audience. While the skill lessons in this unit are tie-ins with the chocolate themed novels, they are designed to work as stand-alone unit. This means a teacher who ability groups using the chocolate novels can use the whole group approach to teach language arts skill lessons.
· Prefix and Suffix Cards and Practice [Chocolate Trivia]
· Root Word Organizer
· Figurative Language Response Cards, Organizer, and Activities
· Context Clues Organizer and Task Cards [Sentences tell about candy sells.]
· Conjunction Organizers with Task Cards that Practice Correcting Run-On Sentences [Sentences are about making chocolate.]
· Using a Dictionary Organizer with Task Cards Task Cards
· Synonym and Antonym Graphic Organizers and Analogy Puzzles [Chocolate Related Words
Download the preview for a closer look.