What is chocolate? Where does it come from and how is it made? A simple and comprehensive non fiction story for children in pre-k, kindergarten and first grade. Also included: literacy, math, science, cut&paste and writing activities!
You can use the book in the reading/literacy center, as a read aloud, emergent reader or for group reading. It is also appropriate for a great (hi)story sequence activity.
You can print it or use with your laptop, projector or Ipad in class.
1/16/2014 UPDATE! This pack now includes:
- Templates to portray an easy hot chocolate recipe and make chocolate in class.
- Chocolate around the world - Research sheet
- Venn diagram : Chocolate Now and Then
- Writing : "A story I have about chocolate!"
- Literacy : the digraph ch- (more activities)
- Math activities : Graphing, counting&coloring.
- Science worksheets : How is chocolate made? (cut&paste), "Things we put chocolate in! (write,cut&paste), Parts of a pod (label), Chocolate&our five senses, Research: Chocolate nutrition facts.
Vocabulary Info: cacao vs. cocoa (official definitions)
Cacao: pronounced Ka-Kow. Refers to the tree, its pods and the beans inside.
Cocoa: pronounced Koh-Koh. Refers to two by-products of the cacao bean – cocoa powder and cocoa butter. Both are extracted from the bean when it is processed in the factory.
Previous buyers can go to My TpT>My purchases and re-download the revised version with all the new activities for free!
You can find more items in my store:
I'm on Facebook! The Constant Kindergartener
And I have this blog The Constant Kindergartener
For questions or suggestions go to "Product Q+A" tab next to "Comments&Ratings"!
Hope you will enjoy this in class or at home!