GET YOUR CHOIR IN SHAPE FAST!
I created this unit to help get ALL of my choir students on the same page. Some had an extensive wealth of musical knowledge - some had zero information but loved to sing! I needed to be able to communicate with them all regarding basic fundamentals. This is a great way to start out with a new choir that you are unsure of their levels. There are several activities included, but most lessons plan on you using this with your current choir literature you are learning. Pre & Post assessment included for us as an SLO! The lesson plans go as follows:
1. Pre-Assessment (for anyone who needs an SLO), feel free to skip.
2. Reading Choir Music (locate parts, rhythms, form, tempo, dynamics etc.)
3. Rhythm Review (note durations, clapping activities)
4. Pitch & Notes in the Staff (treble clef, bass clef)
5. Solfege (fixed vs. moveable do, interval training)
6. Melody vs. Harmony vs. Accompaniment
7. Form & Phrase
10. Sight-Reading (using all skills learned)
11. Post-Assessment (for SLO - skip if desired)
Also included: Vocal Warm-Ups, 2 Pitch Worksheets, & Basic Sight-Singing Exercises
Just interested in purchasing the Pre/Post-Assessment resource? Buy it alone HERE.