Do your students have difficulty choosing the operation when solving word problems? Most do! The tasks in this unit use a problem solving approach to help students learn to visualize the math needed to solve a problem and carefully analyze the information provided and the question being asked. Many of the tasks can be used in multiple ways!
Download the preview file for a complete description of the materials and teaching notes.
• 18 cards showing multiplication situations (9 cards) and corresponding facts (9 cards)
• Sorting strips with 11 word problems using all four operations
• 8 story problems requiring students to provide missing information needed to solve the problem
• 3 sets of story problems using a similar scenario, but requiring different operations
• 27 cards showing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts using similar numbers (use with You Write the Story and Show It Two Ways)
• You Write the Story recording sheet (use with the fact cards)
• Show It Two Ways recording sheet (use with the fact cards)
Be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
You Might Also Like…
Fraction Cards for Benchmarks of 0, ½, and 1
There's Nothing Alien About Multiplication
Connect with Math Coach’s Corner
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red ‘Follow Me’ next to my Seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales. Visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook
Copyright © Donna Boucher. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.