Unit Essential Questions:
1. How can food be used as a tool for both oppression and liberation?
2. How does our neighborhood influence the choices we make about our health?
3. What is the relationship between privilege, poverty, and consumption?
4. How can we, as students, become involved in the food justice movement?
5. How does the history of systemic racism in America create food insecurity?
6. How do issues of land access impact food access both historically and presently?
- A hyperdoc with 11 readings. All readings include text-dependent questions.
- A hyperdoc with 3 videos with questions
- 6 projects
- Text Annotation Guide
- Analysis of Ted Talks