**I added a bunch of new songs in 2017! Updated file!**
I created this collection of popular and relevant Christian inspirational songs and discussion questions to get my students thinking more deeply about their Christian faith. This is a year-long guide designed to do one song per week, but there are many more songs to choose from so that you can fit them to your own teaching needs.
My students absolutely LOVED "Song Study" each week and wrote at the end of the year that it was their favorite activity. Here's how it works:
1. Students answer intro questions independently
2. Students discuss answers with a partner
3. Class-wide discussion of answers
4. Watch the video/read the article that explains the meaning of the song from the artist's perspective. (link provided)
5. Watch the lyric video of the song on Youtube (link provided)
6. Students write independent response to the song
7. Class-wide discussion about outstanding/memorable lyrics
I hope this helps you develop a deeper discussion of faith with your students!
p.s. This file is editable so you can change any of the questions you need to!