This lesson on early Christianity in the Roman Empire includes a wonderful, visually-engaging PowerPoint, Google Slides version, guided notes, and flipped classroom video that covers early Christianity and its growth in Ancient Rome.
Each slide of the PowerPoint and Google presentation includes fantastic visuals, graphics, and easy-to-follow notes on essential topics. Teacher notes are also provided for more details to share with students.
The lesson covers all of the following:
- Religion in the Roman Republic
- Jewish Sects and Judea as part of Rome
- The life of Jesus, his teachings, and death
- The spread of Christianity under Paul
- Persecution of Christians under Roman Emperors
- Constantine and the Edict of Milan
- The Edict of Thessalonica and Rome's conversion to Christianity
Editable guided notes worksheets and graphic organizer option are included for students to use as they follow along with the presentation.
Also included is a fully-narrated flipped classroom video version of the presentation! This can be shown in class, used as homework to "flip" your class, provided to absent students, or just for yourself to prep for the lesson.
This resource can also be downloaded as part of my Complete Ancient Rome Unit Bundle!
Thanks for looking!
Please take a moment to "Like" my page on Facebook for updates, giveaways, links and more! Thanks!