PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This product includes all my 4th grade Christmas reading and writing lesson plans. I look forward to including these six activities in my December lesson plans every year; therefore, I wanted to share these with others. I hope you enjoy these plans and projects.
Through these engaging lessons, students improve their writing skills, use internet skills to research different cultures, use their creativity to create unique products, review punctuation rules, compare and contrast gingerbread themed texts (newspaper articles, recipes, web pages, and fictional books), and work in teams to create their own gingerbread themed book. I feel these lessons require creative and higher order thinking skills while keeping the students engaged and focused during the holiday season. These products includes lesson plans, learning targets, teacher models, student examples, answer keys, and grading checklist.
Products included in this bundle:
1. Mission: Make the Grinch Grin (Narrative writing lesson plan)
2. Letter of Job Inquiry to the North Pole (Creative writing lesson)
3. Compare and contrast gingerbread themed texts (Fiction text vs. nonfiction texts)
4. The Grinch Who Stole the Punctuation Marks (Room transformation)
5. Gingerbread Student Created Book Project
Christmas (Creative writing/collaboration)
6. Around the World One Pager (Research Project)