Christmas Reading & Writing Activities for Middle School and High School students! This unit includes 12 different reading and writing Christmas activities that can be used with ANY unit of study! All activities are evidence based activities that are fun, challenging, and engaging! These activities get students to THINK, while having fun learning :)
Activities include work with characterization, plot, point of view, symbolism, main ideas, summary, vocabulary, theme, and more!
These activities are so easy to use and implement in your classroom. Just print, copy, and distribute! You could even do one of these activities per day for the last 12 days of school leading up to Christmas! Fun for your kids and for you :)
**YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE THIS RESOURCE IN ONE OF TWO BUNDLES:
2 Resource Christmas Bundle SAVE 20%
6 Christmas Reading and Writing Resources Bundle SAVE 25%!
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Letter to Santa (Characterization & Point of View)
- Twelve Days of Christmas (Characterization)
- Snow Globe Setting (Setting)
- Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree (Characterization, Symbolism)
- Determining Central Idea (Main Idea, Plot Summary)
- Snowflake Activity (Characterization)
- Christmas Bells Activity (Main Idea, Theme)
- Vocabulary Cookie Sheet (Vocabulary Development)
- Meaningful Quote Activity (Main Idea, Theme)
- Christmas Acrostics (Characterization)
- Point of View Candy Canes (Point of View)
- Stocking Filled with Plot (Plot, Analysis, Comparison)
OTHER CHRISTMAS RESOURCES YOU WILL LIKE:
- Gingerbread House for Sale - Descriptive Writing Activity
- Christmas Narrative Writing Unit for Middle School
- Complete Christmas Unit - "The Gift of the Magi"
- Christmas Countdown Daily Writing Prompts
- Christmas Whiteout Poetry Activity
- 24 Winter Writing Prompts
- Holiday Gift Tags
- 6 Christmas Reading and Writing Resources Bundle
- FREE Christmas Activities Resource for Middle School & High School
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!