Christmas Activities - Santa Bruce Vocabulary and Read Aloud Lesson
Also included in
- Unlock the power of vocabulary with this year-long bundle of weekly vocabulary activities, lessons, and graphic organizers. Engaging and easy-to-use, this vocabulary curriculum uses popular picture books and meaningful vocabulary activities to teach four new tier 2 academic vocabulary words each weePrice $49.95Original Price $99.55Save $49.60
- Enjoy 4 weeks of meaningful Christmas vocabulary activities for your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use holiday picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! This impactful routine will help your students master new vocabulary words each week while enjoyingPrice $5.95Original Price $7.80Save $1.85
Looking for a meaningful seasonal activity to teach vocabulary this Christmas? This week-long resource uses the book Santa Bruce by Ryan T. Higgins to teach 4 tier 2 vocabulary words. This low-prep routine is easy to implement and will help your students master new vocabulary.
This unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review Google Slides presentation
- Digital Google Forms assessment
Note: While this unit complements the book Santa Bruce by Ryan T. Higgins, it does not provide the text and the book is not required for utilizing the materials.
In this unit, students are introduced to 4 new vocabulary words in the read-aloud book (optional). Throughout the week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Students love this method of acquiring new vocabulary and you’ll be amazed at how well they retain the words!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is my first of many Jargon Journals. They are great! I am using them with high poverty struggling students and it's amazing to hear them use the words from previous weeks.” - 2nd Grade Teacher
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students loved the November activities and they were so excited when I told them we would continue these in December.” - Wendy M.
Bundle & Save!
Grab the to get this resource plus 3 other Christmas vocabulary units.
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.