Also included in
- This Christmas Reading & Writing Bundle for Middle School students includes ALL 6 of our Christmas activities! Purchasing this bundle will save you 20%! With 160 pages of quality content, this bundle will be sure to get you and your students through those last few weeks of school before the brea$32.00$40.50Save $8.50
- This year-long reading and writing bundle includes 24 RESOURCES/ACTIVITIES - THAT'S OVER 500+ PAGES of quality, engaging reading and writing content that incorporates all of the big holidays! This bundle will take you from August/September all the way through to May/June!!WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS BUND$90.00$129.25Save $39.25
This academically challenging and FUN Christmas Narrative Writing Unit and Activities is perfect for your middle school (and 5th grade) students! With 19 pages of excellent content, you can be sure your students will be pushed in their creative narrative writing!
**SAVE OVER 20% ON THIS RESOURCE and grab our 6 Christmas Reading and Writing Resources Bundle!**
Through these activities, students will practice many Common Core skills, including: establishing a point of view, using precise words and vocabulary, descriptive details, and sensory and figurative language to describe a Christmas memory or tradition.
- Instructions for Use: Detailed instructions for use to help you implement this great unit in your classroom easily and seamlessly! (See preview for details)
- Narrative Writing Prompts: Four narrative writing prompts with a quote and questions to get students thinking about what they want to write about.
- Point of View Handout: Includes four main points of view - first person, first person omniscient, third person, and third person omniscient - as well as examples for each type of point of view.
- Brainstorming Christmas Tree Handout: Students will brainstorm four story ideas in a Christmas tree outline.
- Christmas Lights Story Map: Once students have determined which story they will be writing, students will create a story map in Christmas lightbulbs to help direct them when writing their draft.
- Transitions Handout: A supplemental handout that helps students with transitions between and within paragraphs. Includes an activity for students to complete as well.
- Figurative Language Handout: A supplemental handout that provides students with definitions, examples, and places to write their own similes, metaphors, personification, hyperboles, alliteration, and assonance. These figurative language devices will help students create stronger narratives.
- Leads Handout: Provides students with the six most common kinds of leads in narrative writing as well as examples of each. Students will practice writing their own leads to improve their narratives.
- Conclusions Handout: Provides students with eight of the most common kinds of conclusions in narrative writing. Students will practice writing their own conclusions to improve their narratives.
- Lined Christmas Paper: Fun, lined Christmas paper where students can write their final drafts. You can hang these up around the classroom to display students work!
- Bulletin Board "Christmas Narratives" Poster: This is a PowerPoint and part of it can be edited for you to write your name or your grade level. Hang this up in the middle of your bulletin board and place students' final drafts around it!
- EDITABLE Narrative Writing Rubric: This rubric is specific to narrative writing, but it can be edited to fit your specific needs. Please note this is a PowerPoint as well, so you will need PowerPoint in order to open this document.
We hope you enjoy this fun Christmas Narrative Writing resource! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email us at email@example.com!
OTHER CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY RESOURCES FROM EB ACADEMIC CAMPS: