Are you looking for stress-free math activities for your first graders to do in the busy weeks of December? You'll love Patchwork Math, a new twist on the typical color by number pages!
What makes Patchwork Math pages stress-free?
* They're stress-free for your students because they'll get to make choices and color while they're practicing skills.
* They're stress-free for you because your students will be on-task with productive math fact practice. Plus, no papers to grade!
How is Patchwork Math different from typical color by code pages?
When they use these pages, your students will be choosing their own colors. A space labeled 3 might be colored chartreuse in one spot and maroon in another on the same page. The ability to make choices builds student confidence and creativity! See the preview for a few ideas on how you can integrate art instruction into your math lessons using Patchwork Math!
Also, Patchwork Math pages have uses that go beyond a one-time math activity!
* Laminate the finished pages to create addition and subtraction practice games for your December math centers. Supply the centers with dice and some of those awesome mini-erasers you've been collecting. Your students can play a game of Bump, or Roll, Add/subtract, Cover. Student ownership = high-interest = motivating!!
* Have your students cut the shapes out to create a colorful display for a holiday bulletin board. Even better, display them on your classroom windows - they'll glow like stained glass when the sun shines through, and the variety of colors will make your display even more unique and beautiful!
How can I use this resource in my classroom?
* These pages can be used as a whole class activity, as a game with partners or a
small group of players, or independently.
* Put the pages in a math center with a pair of dice and crayons to complete.
* A great choice for early finishers!
* Super as a quiet calming activity, just in case spirits start to get a bit too high! ;)
* Keep some pages set aside for those random moments that pop up - ten minutes
until the Holiday Concert starts, 15 minutes between the Holiday Gift Shop and
the end of the day, etc.
* Save yourself some work in creating your December math centers by using the
math game ideas described above.
What will I receive in this file?
* Six Patchwork math games:
> Holiday Gifts, addition through 12
> Candy Collection, addition through 12
> Cocoa Buddies, addition through 12
> Where's That Elf?, subtraction with differences of 0-5
> Stars and Ornaments, subtraction with differences of 0-5
> Decorate the Tree, subtraction with differences of 0-5
* Suggestions for a variety of uses
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You'll also like...
Click here to follow my store. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers’ Exclusive” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺