A fact family is a group of math facts using the same numbers.
In the case of addition/subtraction, you use three numbers
and get four facts.
Use these Christmas fact families to learn and reinforce:
- Commutative property of addition: 2+3=5 and 3+2=5,
thus the first two equations illustrate that if we add
two numbers in any order, we get the same answer.
- Kids will also recognise that addition is commutative
but that subtraction is not.
- That subtraction and addition are related 5-2=3 and 3+2=5,
- if you subtract one of the members of the fact family from 5,
you get the other. 5-2=3 and 5-3=2
I also included a bonus blank worksheet.
Did you know that you can get TPT credit to use on future purchases?
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable.