Looking for a quick, easy and fun way to do some “Christmas Around the World” activities? These “print and go” Christmas cards are a super-simple way to do that.
This packet is the first in a series, and includes all 14 countries that are featured in my Christmas Around the World units:
- Ireland (Northern Ireland & the Republic of Ireland)
- The United States &
- Wales plus a
BONUS card for the United Kingdom (UK)
You can keep things simple & make just a “Country Christmas Card”, which acts as a nice craft for your other Christmas Around the World activities OR…
Choose from a variety of additional research pages and turn the cards into a mini report.
1. Cover featuring the country & flag
2. Inside greeting featuring people of that country. Students write Hello & Merry Christmas in that language.
There’s a matching passport stamp on this page as well.
3. Interesting information about how this country celebrates Christmas.
4. A ”rap” sheet where students fill in important information about size, population, capital, bordering countries etc.
5. A page of Tourist Attractions & places they’d like to see .
6-7. Fun Facts (2 pages)
8-9. Two blank, bordered pages, which you can use for additional writing prompts.
As always, patterns come in black & white for students to color, as well as full color, so that teachers can quickly & easily make an example to share.
To help give directions & explain things, I’ve also included my completed sample pages for MEXICO, as an additional time saver.
* A “Where in the World are We?” map. Students color each country that they visit.
* “Name That Country” review game & worksheet,
* "Pick a Country" : Run off the mini suitcase cards, which feature the name of a country; toss them in a stocking & have children pick one. That will be the country that they then research or make a Christmas card for.
* “Pack It All Up” travel folder. I designed this if you want your students to make & collect all of the Christmas cards. This not only keeps things organized & handy, but provides an awesome portfolio that your students will be proud to take home & share what they’ve learned with their families.
* Graphing extension: What are your top two favorite countries that you’d really like to visit?
* Since completed projects make an amazing bulletin board or hallway display,
I’ve also included 3 travel posters to add extra pizzazz.
Be sure & check the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a ton of fun, as you learn about other countries by making a simple Christmas card.
Happy classroom travels to you and a very Merry Christmas too!
You may also like my Christmas Around the World ORNAMENTS:
Here is the LINK to my jumbo Christmas Around the World unit:
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.