- "So much fun! My students loved it. It went perfectly with our Christmas Around the World unit."
- "I will definitely use this craft every year with my Christmas Around the World unit!"
- "This was easy to use and very cute. The kids really enjoyed it and it supported our theme of diversity and inclusion."
Few of us have the time or luxury, of being able to do a craft “just because”…
- Just because it’s fun.
- Just because the children will absolutely love it and be happily engaged.
- Just because completed projects make an awesome display, which will instill pride and build self-esteem,
-Just because it’s “hands-on”, which I truly believe is the best way to learn.
And because of all those positive things, I wanted to design something “extra special” for the holiday season, that’s quick, easy and fun, as well as very educational, to make even the Grinchiest of Bah Humbugs smile their approval.
Since many teachers dare to dally with a bit of craftiness during December, especially with their Christmas Around the World geography lessons, I designed this set of “Around the World” ornaments.
Each ornament features the country’s flag, a map of the country, as well as a sweet graphic, which people readily identify as being symbolic of that country. i.e. The Eiffel Tower for France.
You decide how you want to make each country’s 3-part ornament as well. Check the PREVIEW for samples.
There are lots of ways to use the ornaments!
- "Our school Xmas tree looked amazing with our around the world ornaments."
- "Easy & fun, turned out very cute. We hung them across our windows."
- "Great resource. Students loved creating ornaments to decorate our door for Holiday contest."
- "I used these as their souvenir from each country we got to visit. So fun!"
- As a whole group activity:
Do that country’s ornament as a culminating lesson when you’ve finished studying about it.
Easy-peasy: No more thinking about what craft to match up to the various countries, buying materials & then spending hours prepping.
These are “print & go”, plus, once you’ve explained the directions the first time, you no longer need to spend time doing that again. Another country—a new ornament.
Children feel empowered by the consistency, and can get right down to business; plus, they enjoy collecting them, much like they would a souvenir ornament from that county.
The beauty of even the 3D ornament, is that they fold down flat, and can easily be tucked into students’ “Around the World” suitcases.
- "My students really enjoyed making these ornaments. They were very engaged and excited to take them home."
- "Wonderful resource. Showing the different ways to create the ornaments provide choices when time constraints are an issue."
Each student can make the ornament that matches their “Country Report”. After they’ve finished their presentation, have them add their ornament to your classroom tree, or attach to a pine garland you’ve displayed as a border in the hall.
Besides the black & white patterns for students, I’ve also included full-color templates, so that you can quickly & easily make an example to share, to help explain what you want students to do.
You can suspend your set from the ceiling. They look wonderful swirling & twirling as you “study abroad”.
- "There are so many creative ways to use each country's ornament."
- "I enjoyed using this resource. Easy to understand directions."
Great for a variety of grades & skill levels.
- "Love, Love, Love these! My Kindergarten students looked forward to making these each day after visiting a new country.
- "This was awesome. Our first & second graders loved making the ornaments. They really added to our Christmas displays!
- "Excellent for my special ed. class."
- "These were a big hit with my 2nd & 3rd graders.
There are 3 ornament packets. This is the , but you can buy the BUNDLE & get all 35 countries, while saving almost $6.
This is the first set in a series of 3, and includes the following countries:
* Ireland (Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland)
* The United States &
* Wales Plus a United Kingdom BONUS ornament.
These countries match those in my “Travels Around The World” packets that I’ve posted thus far.
The 2nd ornament packet in the series, which is sold separately, Includes the following countries:
* India (Diwali)
* Israel (Hanukkah)
* Norway &
The 3rd ornament packet in the series, also sold separately, includes the following countries:
* New Zealand
* Saudi Arabia &
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you smooth sailing.
You may also like my "Christmas Around the World" Christmas CARDS.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.