Also included in
- This is a bundle of my Christmas Around the World and Holidays Around The World Units! You will travel to a total of 12 countries and learn all about holiday traditions from around the world. Includes reading passages, passport, stamps, text based questions, suitcase template, craft souvenirs, and mPrice $15.50Original Price $18.50Save $3.00
Pack your bags for Christmas Around The World! Students will travel to 8 countries and learn all about holiday traditions from around the world. Engage your students with this exciting Christmas Around The World unit, complete with detailed lesson plans, reading passages, text based questions, passport, stamps, suitcase, souvenir crafts, and more!
This Top 10 Best Seller is a complete Social Studies & ELA Unit that will teach students about celebrations in America, Canada, Spain, Germany, Italy, Australia, England, Mexico, and Sweden. This holidays around the world unit is perfect for your grade 1 and 2 students to use in December. Your students will LOVE the text passages and reading detective sheets that are included for each lesson!
Included in this Christmas Around The World Unit:
- Teachers Guide: An overview of the unit, what's included, and tips for planning.
- Detailed lesson plans for every country included: Each lesson contains optional extension activities that students love for each country.
- Suitcase: Step by step directions and templates to create a travel suitcase for every student using a grocery store bag. (one of the kid's favorite parts of the unit!) They will use the suitcase to store the souvenir crafts from each country as well as their travel journal and passport.
- Passport: Passport template to create individual student passports. Students can collect stamps from the teacher after they travel to each country.
- Stamps for each country included: Stamps are meant to be colored and added to the outside of the suitcase after students travel to each country. They can also be added to the passport.
- Plane tickets: To pass out to students at the start of a new lesson to let them know which country you will be traveling to that day.
- Traveler's Dictionary: to record new vocabulary words as they travel.
- Travel Journal: One travel journal page for each country. Students complete one page in their travel journal for each country they travel too. Each one includes a prompt that students will respond to that makes a connection to something they learned about how families celebrate in that country.
- Christmas Around The World Rubric: For teachers to track journal entries, text passage responses, and participation.
- Postcards: One postcard for each country with real images from that country, meant for classroom display.
- Christmas Around The World PowerPoint: 25 projectable slides that highlight key facts and real images from each country. The slides can also be printed and bound into a book that teachers read to their students or add to their classroom library.
- Text Passages: Two text passages for each country. 2 text passages for each country (16 total) One shorter and one longer per country for easy differentiation. The shorter passages included one text based question. The longer ones include 3 on a separate page. Students will practice finding evidence in the text to support their answers.
- Venn Diagrams & Printables: Venn diagrams comparing each country to America or Canada, 1 blank Venn Diagram to you can compare any two countries, Word Search, ‘Celebrations’ Make a Word, Countries Traveled ABC order, How they say “Merry Christmas” Around the World, 3 Maps with spots to record countries traveled.
- Craft Souvenirs: Students will make a souvenir craft from each country. All templates and directions included.
During this Christmas around the world unit you will guide your students on a trip around the world. They will pack their suitcases and collect stamps, tickets, and souvenirs along the way. You will issue tickets to let your students know what country they will be traveling to.
For each country students will view the PowerPoint slides to gain background knowledge and see visuals of key vocabulary. They will read a text passage that details how each country celebrates, then answer the text based question(s). Students will also complete a journal entry and make a craft to add to their suitcase.
This Christmas around the world unit also provides you with suggested read alouds, songs to listen to, snacks and more that coordinate with each country's celebrations that you can choose to include in your plans.
Reasons you will LOVE this holidays around the world unit:
❤️Engagement - Keep students engaged in reading, writing, and more in the weeks leading up to Christmas Break. Students can't wait to travel to a new country!
❤️Time Saver - Detailed lessons are included, just need to prep the activities. Helpful during a particularly busy time of year.
❤️Standards Based - Meet Social Studies and ELA standards
✅ Please download the preview to see samples of everything included. :)
What are teachers saying about this holidays around the world unit…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students were so excited when we would travel the world. This resources for amazing. They kept my students engaged and excited for learning.” - Tina S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This resource is amazing! I love the PowerPoint presentation and the printables. The suitcase is the cutest thing! And it's really easy to do while still giving the kids something to collect things in. This was perfect for our Christmas around the world unit.” - Kelli S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Why did I wait so long to purchase this unit?!? This unit is FANTASTIC!! I love the passages with information about each country because they have just enough info. A lot of the resources I have found are so overwhelming for first graders but this is perfect and rigorous for them. The lesson plan ideas, the crafts, and the read aloud PowerPoint = AWESOME! This is truly an amazing unit and I look forward to working it in next week with our final week before break. Thanks for such a great unit!! :)” - Rachael M.
© Stephanie Stewart - Falling Into First