Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Christmas Trees Around the World (Literacy and Social Studies Unit)
Are you looking for something a little different than the traditional Christmas Around the World units? This unit is the perfect solution! Students will learn all about how 12 different countries traditionally decorate their Christmas TREES! This is a fun, 90+ page holiday unit that correlates with Reading, Writing, and Social Studies standards. Your students will have so much fun learning about traditional Christmas trees all around the world with these resources. They will even create an adorable 3-dimensional tree to take home to their parents as a centerpiece for their tables or a decoration to display!
I designed this holiday unit to use with my 3rd grade classroom, but it can easily be used with 2nd or 4th graders, as well as intermediate students with special needs.
Book/Posters - Full Page Color and Blackline
Book/Posters - Half Page Color and Blackline
Teacher Power Point Slideshow that correlates with the book for display on the board
Print and Go Resources
• KWL+ (color and blackline)
• Key Words Notes
• Venn Diagram (color and blackline)
• Alphaboxes (blackline)
• World Map Labeling (color and blackline)
• Writing Prompt Primary Lined
• Writing Prompt Intermediate Lined
• Writing Prompt Differentiated Support
• Geography Sort (sort countries by continent)
• Country and Description Key Words Match
• Countries Match (match country to political map)
• Continent Match (match continent to map outline)
• Word Sort (Countries with Continents and/or Hemispheres)
• 2-Dimensional Art - Christmas Tree
• 3-Dimensional Centerpiece - Christmas Tree