Christmas Around the World or Festivals of Light
This simple, little shaped poster or booklet can be done quickly but it’s so much fun! Plus, it can be used for festivals of light that occur around the world as well as Christmas.
**You provide the informational text, websites or videos**
You have two options:
1) Choose to do just the first page and use it like a poster.
2) Choose to have students do the first and second page. On the second page students write about Christmas traditions on the lined page. Attach both pages together with a couple of staples at the top to form a booklet. If you decide to put the booklet up on a bulletin board and don’t like curling pages I recommend copying or mounting on thicker card stock.
Students are asked to:
1. Write the name of their country in the ribbon at the top.
2. Choose 3 items to illustrate (perhaps a holiday meal, symbol and a scene).
3. Color the country studied red (or make a red dot), the land should be coloured green and the water colored blue.
4. Finish it off by coloring the background of the bulb all the same color (same shade too!).
5. Write about their country on the lined paper (optional)
Hang these up connected to one another with some string or garland for a great bulletin board display.
2 student pages (4 page file)